The media recognition award is designed as part of the 10th anniversary reward system. It is open African journalists who have covered and published significant reports about the African Movie Academy Awards in the last 9 years. The award is also open to print, broadcast and online journalists from Africa and in the Diaspora.
1. Journalists are to submit 2 original feature stories on AMAA within the last 9 years.
2. Journalists who do not have published work or who want to submit 2 fresh stories can submit stories written from December 1, 2013 to February 28, 2014.
3. The Features stories among other things must capture the essence of AMAA as a continental award system, its impact in promoting Africa Cinema, Promoting regional and continental integration.
4. Entries must be published in well-known National newspapers, Journal and or Magazine, in case of broadcast and online media it must be from reputable radio & Television and Online medium from the originating African Country.
5. Entries must have verifiable date of publication and day of broadcast.
(A) In case of Newspaper, magazine or journal it must be a scanned copy of the published work
(B) In case of Broadcast media it must carry evidence that the material was aired on recognized radio and television station.
CASH PRIZES TO BE WON
First Prize– $5000
Second Prize -$3000
Third Prize- $2000
WINNERS AND SELECTION PROCESS
A five member panel of media professionals from the print and broadcast media will assess and evaluate all entries to determine the winners. Winners will be announced and rewarded on the day of the AMAA awards in April 2014.
All entries must be submitted on or before close of work on February 28, 2014.
Print Media Entries should be submitted via email to email@example.com and must copy firstname.lastname@example.org
Online Media Entries: link to the story should be submitted on the letterhead of the Online Media Organisation and also send to same email addresses as the one for Print Media entries.
Broadcast Media Entries: DVD Tape and storage in any electronic device that can be easily retrieved should be submitted to AMAA Secretariat and addressed to:
AMAA MEDIA RECOGNITION AWARD,
17a, Adenubi Close, Off Toyin Street,
Behind St Leo’s Catholic Church,
Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.