Mo Abudu, born Mosunmola Akintunde, was born this day in the year 1964. Mo is a foremost media personality, entrepreneur, consummate professional and philantropist. Many media organisations, including Forbes, have defined her as ‘one of the most successful leading African women.’
Mo’s achievements have earned her numerous recognitions worldwide, including being recognised by Forbes Africa in 2013 as ‘the first African woman to own a Pan-Africa TV channel.’
As a way to appreciate this powerful woman on her birthday, we are sharing 5 reasons why we ‘stan’ for her
1. She is INTELLIGENT! Her show Moments with Mo rated as the first and only syndicated daily African show, watched in over 44 countries of the world proves this. She has had the most powerful and influential people right there on set and has had relations with them the whole world acknowledges and acclaims. Her biography also shows how rapidly she went through the ranks in the companies she worked for before becoming ‘a woman of her own.’
2. Mo is one of the richest media moguls in Nigeria. Her TV station, EbonyLife TV, is estimated to be worth billions of naira. If this does not convince you of her wealth, we are sure her co-ownership of the prestigious Protea Hotel will.The hotel is worth over N2billion.
3. She is a giver! She has a foundation called Inspire Africa Foundation.
4. Her fashion sense is so lit! Do you know she gets her clothes off the runway? Yup, once the clothes are launched, they become hers. No wonder she always looks hot 🔥 🔥 🔥
5. If you watched The Wedding Party and loved it, then you should know that the movie owes part of its success to Mo. Mo produced the high-grossing movie and its sequel The Wedding Party 2.
Here’s to greater years of success stories ahead, ma’am. 55 looks great on you! We love you and what you do!