It’s 3 days to the 9th edition of the Lights, Camera, AFRICA!!! Film Festival holding at MUSON centre, Lagos. The Festival, which is held annually, has over the years created an opportunity for creatives across the various art genres, and art lovers to meet and rub minds over films, music, poetry and generally get entertained. This year’s Festival promises even more entertainment than before. If you are still not sure whether to block out September 27th – 29th in your calendar to attend the Festival, here are 7 reasons we think you should do so:
1. Attend a poetry segment curated by famous spokenword poet and storyteller Wana Udobang.
2. Listen to celebrities and art influencers like Remi Vaughan-Richards, Richard Mofe-Damijo, and Nadia Denton share from their wealth of knowledge.
3. Connect and rub shoulders with other creatives and art lovers from Nigeria and beyond. Who knows, your next multi-million deal may come from here.
4. Watch Joel Kachi Benson’s Daughter’s of Chibok, Bolaji Kekere-Ekun’s Call Me By My Name, Taiwo Shua’s A Gender, and Joel Zito Araujo’s My Fried Fela with a captivated audience.
5. Shop books, gifts, and other merchandise from the festival’s store. You just may find that book you have been searching all over for here.
6. Listen to soulful jazz and highlife performances by acclaimed music maestros.
7. Always wondered what makes area boys tick? Hear from them directly in Tolulope Itegboje’s Awon Boyz documentary.