Are you a writer with an authentic and original story? Then you need to apply for the Episodic Lab presented by the Realness Institute and Netflix.
The competition is open to writers from Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa with authentic and original stories of all genres.
Scheduled to hold online from 1 May – 31 July 2022, six selected writers will spend 3 months working on developing pitch documents for their story concepts. This will be done in a ‘writers room’ with a story consultant and a creative producer.
Along with creative training, writers will receive feedback from the Netflix team and more importantly a monthly stipend of $2 000 will be paid to participants to cover living expenses as they dedicate their time to the process.
- Open to writers from Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa,
- Writers with experience in either film or television,
- If writers is part of a writing team, only one writer – the applicant, will be able to participate if selected,
- Story concept must be set in Kenya, Nigeria or South Africa,
- The language of the story must be in English and/or a local language,
- Open to all genres,
- No producer / production company attachment necessary.
Interested applicants should complete the online application form at realnessinstitute.awardsplatform.com
A submission fee of 30 Euros via Paypal is also required.
Applications are open from 22 November 2021 to 13 January 2022 at midnight Central African Time (CAT).
For more information, click here.