When you gather tens of content creators into a room filled with food and great discussions, what do you get? More content! That was the case at the AMVCA digital creators day brunch event held at the Wheatbaker Hotel, Lagos, on Wednesday, May 11, 2022.
The day was filled with brilliant speeches and discussions about how content creators can ensure their longevity in the digital content creation industry. There was also great food, big laughs, and the validation that the digital creation space was every bit a part of the entertainment industry like film, comedy and music. These created some of the most exciting moments we’ve seen throughout this week filled with AMVCA activities.
Here are the top seven unforgettable moments from the AMVCA Digital Content Creators’ Brunch day:
1. Akah Nnani shared his struggles with growing his Tik-Tok account. He said his first post on the platform had only gathered six views after three days, even though he had 20 followers.
2. Emeka Mba, Head of Questtech Media and former Director-General of NBC, said, “It’s important to keep government out of creativity, especially a government that is not creative in itself.”
3. Akah Nnani put Mr Macaroni on the spot for the ‘marriage prank’ he played on his followers a few weeks ago.
4. Popular comedian 4ever challenged Showmax to create comedy specials for Nigerian comedians.
5. KieKie, Elozonam Ogbolu, Frank I-tom, Debo Adebayo (Mr Macaroni), Grant Housley, and Tosin Ajibade (Olorisupergal) got on a panel to discuss longevity in the digital content creation industry.
6. Elozonam proudly stated that he has six years of advertising experience, and that’s why he makes plenty of money off brands.
7. Mr Macaroni said he has a background in theatre arts, hooliganism, polygamy, and watching Pastor Chris Oyakhilome as a child because he thought the pastor was dramatic.
The AMVCA digital creators day brunch was the fifth event in an 8-day long lineup of events for the eighth edition of the Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards. For more information about the remaining activities for the week, visit www.africamagic.tv/AMVCA and follow all official handles of Africa Magic on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.